Friday, November 7, 2008

Purge City.....here we come!



The universe is sending me a message. I get it and choose to accept. It is saying Purge!

This is me pictured, with my book, at Canyon Ranch Tucson. I wrote about my amazing experience there in my introductory blog.

But, what I didn't share is that during my time away from home, we had a power outage lasting almost 48 hours, and my husband had to throw out much of the food in the frig.

Then, just three days after returning from Tucson, our nanny of 4+ years wound up leaving after a bit of a heated discussion. Truth is...it had been long coming, and it just reached a point of no return. She lost it. I lost it. And, then it was over. But, really I gained (and I believe she ultimately will too...since it wasn't a good fit anymore for her).

I had anticipated being in complete culture shock from it this whole week. And, while I was certainly highly disturbed about it all last weekend, I managed better than I expected and welcomed the return of privacy in the house. I hadn't realized how much I missed that, and how much more positive the energy is here now. Things had been feeling quite negative since there was tension in our home and frustration on my part and our nanny's. To me, it was palpable. Essentially, there was a mutual discontent, so this is for the best in the long run. We had planned to let her go in January anyway since in February we are gutting our entire basement to make it a better living and play area.

I'm totally psyched about what the basement will become, yet completely overwhelmed at the notion of having to clean out all that is currently there. And, believe me, there is a ton of STUFF. Some of which we'll keep and other things will be discarded or donated.

Here comes that word again....stuff! I'm surrounded by it. Yet, the powers that be are pushing me more and more to get rid of it. Whether it be food. Negative energy. People who I am no longer in sync with. Clutter. etc.

And, what I know for sure is that until I (we) purge, there won't be ample room for all the good that can come. We need to invite it into our lives.

I'm so grateful to have connected with the Beyond the Stuff gals, and I want to keep myself open to enjoying their friendship and the pursuit of our business endeavors together. I'm making more 'n more room.

I'm not someone who lets go easily, so all this purging is far from a natural course of action for me. But, I'm more capable than I think. Just judging from how I've managed this week, sans nanny, so much is possible, as long as we don't get caught up in our own self-defeating thoughts. It's easy to talk yourself out of something or make yourself feel less than adequate. I'm generally a positive person, but I have my moments of feeling overwhelmed.
So, I hope you'll take the plunge and consider joining me on the purging bandwagon. We'll both be all the happier for it!

No comments: