Wednesday, January 28, 2009

You're Not the Boss of Me- by Mary Gardner and Eileen Gardner

By Mary Gardner and Eileen Gardner
January 25, 2009

Dedicated to Robin (who coined this saying "you're not the boss of me" and made us all laugh until we were crying... and the gals at Beyond The Stuff who have helped us all work together as a team.. thru the ups and downs and finally to find ourselves all coming back to our core... to just be who we are.. and to live each day as it comes.. to not push ... .but just to evolve as we are meant to and to show up authentically! Thank you for the call today ladies.. and thank you to Kelly who inspired us to get there.



You’re not the Boss of Me!
We’re meant for unity


Can’t you even see,
I’m doing what I gotta,
Busy as a bee
Surpassing what I oughta!

You’re not the boss of Me!
Let’s walk in unity!

I’m doing my “thang”
So many, many Thangs..
Trying to keep up,
In a world full of Bling…

You’re not the boss of me!
Let’s be in unity!

I got my work to do
Trying to learn some stuff too
So when do I find time
To even make a dime?

You’re not the boss of me!
Let’s work in unity!

If I try to do what’s right
I’ll never have a fight
But that ain’t always true
Because you don’t know all I do..

You’re not the boss of me!
Let’s talk in unity!


At times you want it done
in ONE-TWO-THREE
Push me to the core….
That I’m looking for the door!

You’re not the boss of me!
Let’s live in unity!

We need time
Before we begin
To be recharged
by our spirit within!

You’re not the boss of me!
Let’s shine in unity!

So if you relax and
Try to stay calm
Answers will come
Like a healing Balm

You’re not the boss of me
Let’s love in unity!


Then you will see
That the Stuff that’s in me
Does not come
When you’re the boss of me.

You’re not the Boss of me
Let’s strive for unity!

So lets unite
And work as a team
And live our lives fully
Realizing our dream!

You’re not the boss of me..
Let us BE unity!

1 comment:

Kelly K. Brown said...

Beautiful... Beautiful... Beautiful... Just like YOU Miss Mary!

I love it!

Kelly :-)