Monday, January 12, 2009

Gratitude - by Liimu

Have you ever woken up in a funk, not sure why you're feeling BLAH about just about everything happening in your world - your beautiful family, your warm, cozy house, your high-paying job? Well, that's what happened today to me and the word the Universe kept throwing at me as a solution was ...

...gratitude.

Fortunately, the Universe also gave me a very good recent example of something I have to be hugely grateful for - not only the resolution to a scary situation, but also these lovely women in my life, one of whom was instrumental in guiding me around how to use the Law of Attraction to attract a miraculous solution to my problem.

Now, I am a big believer in the Laws of Attraction. I have been since I read The Secret in August of 2007 and completely recreated my life, beginning with a stint on NBC's Clash of the Choirs and followed up by quitting my yucky job and launching a successful consulting company. But sometimes the Universe presents situations that, on the surface, are so unmanageable, it's hard for even those of us who believe in the Law of Attraction to harness its power and not let our own fears sabotage us right into a really deep hole.

On my blog, Recreating Liimu, I posted about that tested my faith in this Law. For those of you who missed it, here's a quote that post that pretty much sums up the situation:

"I had a challenging situation today when our insurance company informed us that they would not be covering Devon's oral surgery from last November and the total charges were close to $16,000. I will not freak out, and I ask that all who read this send positive, miracle-generating vibes into the Universe that this will be resolved in a miraculous way. The oral surgeon certainly never told us it could be anything close to that amount, so my hope is that they will be reasonable and charge us a reasonable amount for his work. I know my faith is strong and I have so much belief in the miraculous, positive, abundant workings of the Universe."

Our very own Kelly reminded me that writing about what we intend to have happen when we are facing a situation is what is most powerful, so I wrote in my journal that I wanted everything to be resolved and the debt to be wiped clean.

The following morning, I got a call from the dentist's office. It went like this.

"Oh, sweetie," the young lady from the office said, with concern and compassion in her voice. "I got your message last night and my heart just went out to you." My voice was shaking even as I answered her.

"Yes, we're pretty freaked out," I stammered. "What are we going to do?"

"You don't have to do anything," she said, reassuringly. "We are going to take care of it, like we said we would."

"But Aetna said it was going to cost $15,000," I weeped.

"Yes, and we knew they most likely would not cover any of it, but we submitted to them, anyway, on the off chance they would cover something. And we also knew we could count on your copay ($250). It must have really scared you to get that letter. Unfortunately that is sort of standard for that to get sent out, but I assure you, we were prepared to take whatever we got from them..."

"...even if that's nothing?" I couldn't help but interrupt.

"Yes, even if that's nothing. You are totally fine. You are good. Everything is taken care of."

A miracle, just like Kelly told me it would be. And when I got off the phone, I burst into tears, not just from relief at this particular situation being resolved, but because the situation affirmed what I wanted so much to believe: that the Law of Attraction is real. I have so many things I intend to have happen this year and if the Law of Attraction is real, then these things are already taken care of. I have released into the Universe the what, and the How and When are not my concern.

So today, when I was feeling blah and sorry for myself for no particular reason, the Universe reminded me of this wonderful miracle and how much I have to be grateful for. Kelly reminded me on the phone. My therapist and friend, Susan, reminded me in our session today. And when I got in the car to come home and see my beautiful family, I turned on the radio and Hezekiah Walker's "Grateful" was playing on the radio:

I am grateful for the things that You have done

I am grateful for the victories we've won

I could go on and on about your works

Because I'm grateful, grateful so grateful just to praise You Lord

Flowing from my heart are the issues of my heart, is gratefulness

Grateful, grateful, grateful, grateful

Grateful, grateful, grateful, grateful

Grateful, grateful, grateful

Gratefulness is flowing from my heart

Flowing from my heart

Are the issues of my heart

is gratefulness

1 comment:

Kelly K. Brown said...

I Love You Liimu! Funk or no Funk you are awesome no matter what! Kelly