Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Simple Stuff by Mary









This is a party at our house!

We just got home from vacation and it was a fun filled week with many of our best friends. Truly, truly, there is nothing better than spending time with people that you love. There is always lots of laughter and fun, and even in the tense moments between the kids.. and there were a lot of those… it gets resolved and everyone moves on.

Finding and nurturing close relationships with others isn’t super easy when everyone is involved with the intricacies of life. Managing families, sports, school, businesses, relationships and everything else we have to all do takes its toll on most of us… so to get to spend some down time just kicking back, was such a joy and so refreshing.

I’ve heard that the happiest people studied are those who spend the most time with family and friends. It’s not about the money they have or the house they own or the cars they drive. It’s the simple things, of spending time with those that they love.

When I review my life, I have to say that it’s the relationships in my life that I feel most grateful. I was always blessed to find really quality friends along the way. My mom taught me long ago to pray for good friends, and that little suggestion has made a world of difference in my life.

Food and friends.. that’s the simple formula to having a great time! Grab a bottle of vino, a couple of ripe and sweet, juicy mangos and some delicious Irish cheese, and you have a wonderful meal to keep people content and talking and laughing.

It’s the simple stuff I’m going for this year…… Food, family and FUN!

No comments: