Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Week's Worth of Miscellaneous Stuff - by Robin Gorman Newman

I have to say I don't know what to specifically blog about this week....so maybe I'll just share my week wiht you.

I've been multi-tasking big time, a lot with unexpected personal matters.

My son turned 6 this week...and that was exciting. At the same time, some challenges have arisen with him that have occupied much of my thoughts, concern and time. (I prefer not to elaborate at this time...but I know that things will ultimately work themselves out.)

His party is Sunday, and I'm totally psyched for that. He'll love it. We already had one earlier this week for him in the classroom, and it was sweet.

It's that time of the month for me... if you gals out there know what I mean...so I'm not feeling the greatest.

My senior dad went to his cardiologist this week, and was put on two new medications, one of which he isn't overly keen on taking, despite saying on a daily basis that he doesn't feel great.

I'm beginning a new eating/exercise regime. I refuse to say diet, but rather a lifestyle change. It's been two days. I've done "ok" with it thus far. It's been a struggle. I'm truly working on altering my outlook on food. I'd love to view it as sustenance and nourishment versus a "need." I feel I'll get there, and that would be an amazing accomplishment.

Professionally, I'm moving forward with the t-shirts, etc. for MotherhoodLater.com. The designs are still not fully finalized, but I'm hoping in the next 1-2 weeks, I'll be able to post a Shop page on the site.

Yesterday, a friend came over, and our goal was to work together in preparing for teleclasses we'd both like to offer potentially through freeconference.com. While we spent time on that, we wound up ultimately rearranging some furniture in my house. How that happened exactly, I don't know. She is a very aesthetic person, and likes doing this for people, so she brought it up. I just went with the flow of her ideas, and it truly felt like some new positive energy opened up in my home. We switched the direction of the kitchen table, for one, and I'm really liking it. Who knew?! The whole kitchen looks different, and for the better. It's SO great to be open to change. I didn't even know I was looking for change in that way, but it found me.

Today I had a meeting with a Reverend at a local church, and there is a lovely room that would be available for a workshop series I'm planning for the NY chapter of MotherhoodLater.com. So, I'm psyched about that. I've been seeking out a venue for some time now. Today it clicked.

This afternoon I got yelled at by a male parking meter attendant for supposedly extending my car over the walkway in a parking lot. Boy....he's got a lot of anger in him. You'd think I commited a crime. Some people in this world are just not happy and they need to vent at strangers. At first I was angry at him, but then I felt empathy.

Did I tell you I got a call from the supermarket where we ordered Seth's cake? Four days before the party, they tell me they can't get a Power Ranger cake...the one Seth specially picked out. So...what to do...switch to Spiderman? Call another store? (We switched to Spiderman.)

Oh....and our contractor for our upcoming basement project advised us this week that there is a problem with the architectural plans, and things have to be redone. And, our project is now delayed until May...was supposed to start in February.

Today I attended an event called WHO DO YOU KNOW LUNCHEON. It's something I launched a year ago with a friend, and we're still going strong. We meet once/month to share our professional pursuits and inspire, empower and advise each other. It's been helpful and very supportive, kinda like what I feel from the BTS gals. It's so great to be in the company of those who you feel "have your back."

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with a friend from a playwrights group that I also launched in my town. I aspire to write a play one day...it's on my TO DO list....though I haven't attended the group in some time now. I've just had other priorites, but my love of theatre remains.

I'm glad the weekend is coming up. I need to chill a bit, if possible. This was quite the all-consuming week on many levels.

But, you know what? I give it up to the universe. I am happy about those projects that are moving forward, and I'm grateful as some doors open. As for the "bumps" along the way with some items, they'll take care of themselves in time. I trust in that.

1 comment:

Dalon said...

this is a great post!!! it's interesting to learn so much more about you through this link - thanks for sharing - I'll keep it on my "to read" list - I love the positive things everyone is sharing!!!