Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Fun Stuff that I Love! - by Mary

This is me doing my favorite sport- SWIMMING!!!



Me loving on a horsie!

So much of my life now is about working towards a completely healthy existence with my son, who has issues such as sensory processing disorder and ADHD. These things take a lot of my time and energy and have a lot to do with what I focus on… so I think I need a little reminder of another side to life.. and that is what is FUN! It’s so helpful to remember the OTHER sides of ourselves.. especially when we’re going through a very difficult time… so this exercise might be something that any of YOU might like to try.. if you feel you’re swimming up stream and not focusing on the fun in your life!

What about you.. have you written your list lately?
(This was me and my running buddies dressing up for the Jingle Mingle in Maitland, FL)

Here is my list of what I consider to be fun or things that I love!

I love being a bit out of the box, wacky and I love laughing loud!
I love to make other people laugh and I love to laugh when others are being funny!
I really enjoy spending time with good friends, shooting the breeze and acting silly.
I love to dress up and I have a ton of Halloween costumes, wigs and outfits that I drag out at all times of the year.. just for kicks!
I love to be around horses, and outside in nature!
I love shopping in flea markets, and second hand stores.. to see what bargins I can find.
I love writing.. it nurtures my soul. I have kept a journal since I was 12!
I enjoy live sports – Auburn football is my favorite!
I really enjoy reading a good book on a rainy day. And I love bookstores!
I love building a fire in the fireplace, and creating a cozy home environment!
I love texting, emailing and staying connected to friends- old and new!
I love France! I want to learn how to speak French and I love to hear others speak it!
I think it’s fun being a part of a large family – and feeling like I belong!
I think it’s awesome, fun and rewarding to have friends of other cultures that are different from mine.


(This is Scott... AKA Carrottop! He lives part time in Winter Park!)


I think coaching, interviewing or hanging with celebrities is fun. Celebrities.. are just fun to know!!!

I love coaching – the whole process of coaching is fun to me. I love seeing a person hit a discovery or realize something new that potentially can better his or her life!
I think dogs are cool. They’re so open, and generous and loving. I like to feel their energy and imagine what they’re saying. I think I can read their feelings pretty well.
I think it’s fun using intuition. I’m pretty good at it.
I think being a swimmer is great. I like to feel powerful in the water, and be able to swim butterfly well. Flying across the pool is a cool sensation! (SEE PIX ABOVE)


I think it’s fun to dress up and to look pretty. I enjoy looking and feeling good.
I think odd or different people are cool. I really get into their particular interests.. and how they got that way. I love all sorts of people.. old young, and I have quite a few eccentric friends. I’m accepting of however a person chooses to be.. I will probably ask why.. and be curious about them.
I think being around artists is fun. I love that they can create something in their minds first.. and then it comes out in their craft.
I think baking is fun. Okay.. I really just like to eat the sweets!
I think it’s fun that I can be “one of the guys”… or “one of the gals”.. I can easily fit in anywhere.. and I love that.
I think conferences are fun. I love learning and I love meeting new people!
I think doing live TV is GREAT! I love being on the spot and having to banter and match wits and HAVE to be “on”. I love it!
I think traveling is the most incredible. I love meeting people on planes, and in airports. I love seeing new cities and experiencing new places.
I think photography is fun. I’m not always that great at it.. but I like to try.
I think kids are fun. They speak their minds, don’t play head games and they know how to laugh freely!
I think being a mom is fun.. okay.. not always.. but sometimes! I like to create fun memories for my son.. and for his friends.. like cookie decorating parties, and pirate parties.. and crawling in the forts after they make them!
I think wine, coffee and tea are fun. Depending upon my mood.. I like them all!
I think building sandcastles are fun. I like to make mermaids, animals, and life size attractions.. for people walking on the beach to enjoy.
I think Disney World is fun. It’s a clean activity and great to go with friends!
I love walking on the beach.. and talking or just watching the people.
I think people watching at airports is a blast. I like guessing about the lives of the people who walk by. Charlotte airport is a terrific place to do that.. sitting in the white rocking chairs is the best place!
I think being pampered is wonderful! Nails, hair, massages.. all of that.. makes a person feel great.. and special!
Writing this blog was fun.. it makes me not feel like I’m stuck in life.. and that I have choices.. and can make things FUN.. or average.

I choose fun!




No comments: