Thursday, December 18, 2008

"More of Those Please!" by Kelly


So… the news is on, you’ve read the paper, you're hanging out with people who recently lost their job, or you know someone else who has and are talking about it… have you noticed (felt and taken the time to experience) what happens INSIDE OF YOU when you surround yourself with words, thoughts and the emotions of fear?

If you are paying attention to your thoughts, you’ll find yourself 30 minutes away from the experience or conversation and discover yourself thinking fear-filled thoughts… suddenly worrying about YOUR job, YOUR economic future, certain it means gloom and doom for you and so much more! You will notice one thought leads to another like it, and another like it, until your mind is filled with fear for YOUR future. This is the way most people allow their thoughts to be influenced everyday.

Do you find your thoughts creating these unwanted scenarios in your mind, focusing again and again on fear-filled ideas rather than purposefully focusing on what you really want in life?

Every day when I wake up, I have the opportunity to make a choice to create the life of my dreams by focusing my thoughts intentionally... and so do you. In life, we are afforded the opportunity to make choices all day, every day about WHERE to place our attention and on WHATEVER topic we choose. As each day unfolds with new experiences, people and situations occurring all around us, we again have the choice to choose HOW we want to focus on the situation at hand---thereby creating our current and future life experience.

I like to keep things simple, so I think of my life as the keeper of an incredible garden of choices (flowers) and everyday I get to pick and choose which flowers I will bring from the garden into my home (my life experience).

As I go out into the world (my garden of life), I see all types of flowers, some are blooming, some are not. Some are weeds! Some have the most sacred beautiful aroma and some; well to me they don’t smell so pretty. BUT in the end, they are all part of the garden of life, and I have the choice to accept all the flowers to be as they are.

So everyday I head out with my basket to pick flowers… “Ohhhh I love those pink ones and yes, I like that purple one… but Ack! I don’t love those yellow ones at all!” And right there, in that moment is where I get to make the most important choice of my day. I can choose to spend the rest of my day focusing on how much I wish the yellow flowers were pink, I can bemoan that my garden has icky yellow flowers that have no smell in the first place, or in fear I could even choose to RUN FROM the yellow flowers… I’m making an important point… are you getting it?

It’s such a silly, simple example and yet this is how most of us live our lives anytime something we don’t like pops up! In my own experience, (even as I continue growing and changing) I discover I find things I don’t love or like and instead of just seeing them there (yellow flowers), I attach ALL sorts of old mental stories, drama, angst and then in that vibration of thought I RUN from that which I don’t want only to find I’m now attracting MORE of it into my experience. And then later, I’m surprised to find I’m surrounded in my garden of life with an abundance of YELLOW flowers---exactly what I didn’t want.

Do you see the inherent wisdom in exercising your powerful option to purposefully 'choose your thoughts' and how that applies to ANY situation?

As the Holidays quickly approach, it is the most joyful and yet the most stressful time of year for many people. The Stuff of family, presents, expectations and “shoulds” is more prevalent now than at any other time of year. I encourage you to think of everything and everyone throughout the season as nothing more than a flower growing in the garden of life. Do your best to allow all things to be as they are, exercising your power to choose and then focus again on what you want in life. I promise, with thoughts like that, it will be your best Holiday experience… EVER!

Empower yourself today to make your own choices and focus only on what you want to create in YOUR garden of life… “Oh Yes! I love the purple and pink ones… More Of Those Please!”

No comments: